Books and journal articles not held by the Libraries can be requested through an interlibrary loan. If you have a question pertaining to an ILL request that was submitted, send an email to email@example.com.
Requests may take at least 14 business days to fulfill. Due to the policies of lending institutions, some requests may not be fulfilled. Articles will be sent to your Felician email account. Books wil be available for pick up at the library; you will receive an email notifying you when the item is ready. Materials are usually free if they are available from an institution within New Jersey; otherwise the lending library may charge anywhere as much as $25.
You are responsible for the timely return of the book (usually 2-3 weeks) and/or the payment of any fees due to the lending library. In addition, a payment of $0.10 per day for each overdue interlibrary loan item will be assessed by the Felician University Libraries. Losses of and fines for overdue interlibrary loan books will result in the forfeiture of interlibrary loan privileges, holding of all grades and transcripts, and possible disciplinary action by the College. Any debt or fine incurred may be turned over to a collection agency.
In requesting an interlibrary loan, I understand and agree that:
- In order to use this service, I must be a current student (or employee) this semester.
- I may request interlibrary loans solely for my OWN USE and will not ask others to borrow such material for me.
- I may request a MAXIMUM of 5 items a day, with a MAXIMUM of 25 requests per semester, 50 requests per year.
- A book may be requested through (inter)library loan only ONCE unless it is for use in a senior research paper, in which case it may be requested twice.
- A book obtained through interlibrary loan can occasionally be RENEWED if I request this option before the expiration date. However, such a request for renewal may only be made once.
- If I am LATE in returning interlibrary loan materials, I must pay Felician University Library 10 cents per item per calendar day. [Note that the loan period for books is generally 4 weeks, beginning with when the book is mailed out, ending with when it is delivered back to the library. The library does, however, offer a grace period of a few business days to accommodate for any possible shipping delays.]
- If the borrowed material is LOST, I must pay any fees required by the lending library. I understand that I will lose all interlibrary loan privileges until these fees are paid in full.
- If I have a HOLD on my Library account due to unpaid fines and/or overdue library materials, I am not eligible for interlibrary loans.