Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
All policies apply at both the Lodi Campus Library and the Rutherford Campus Library
- Drinks in covered containers only.
- No littering.
- No smoking.
- No feet on furniture.
- Printing cost: Black & white -
$0.05 per page / Color - $0.25 per page. The color printer is located in Room 206 at the Rutherford Campus Library.
- Copier printing: Black & white - $0.10 per page / Color - $0.25 per page. The color copier is located in Room 206 at the Rutherford Campus Library. The Toshiba copier does scan, patrons can scan their items to a USB flash drive.
- Children must be supervised by an adult.
- Library materials must be properly charged out before leaving library. Books and bags may be inspected.
- Persons who attempt to steal library materials will be subject to strict disciplinary action and possible legal action. New Jersey State law permits the physical detention of anyone suspected of stealing library materials. Both the Lodi Campus Library and the Rutherford Campus Library have a variety of security systems in place to prevent theft.
Access and Borrowing
- Library cards
- Use your Felician ID card to have a library account created. This will allow you to borrow materials from the library and reserve group study rooms. Stop by the Lodi Campus Library or the Rutherford Campus Library.
- You are responsible for all materials borrowed with your library card/ID as well as any fines accrued on those materials. This includes materials borrowed by another student using your library card/ID. Report lost cards immediately.
- You may borrow a maximum of forty books at any one time.
- Materials placed on reserve by faculty may not be checked out of the library. They can be used in the library for brief periods per the faculty's stipulations.
- Library fines
- Checked out materials: $0.10/day for each item not returned by the due date.
- Reserve materials: $1.00/day for each item not returned by the due time.(The fine for reserve books is $1 per day; for overnight reserve books, the fine is $5 if returned after 24 hours, plus $5 for each additional day.)
- Library fines and charges which remain unpaid will be turned over to a collection agency.
- Lost materials
- Lost books are subject to cost of replacement copy and $30 processing fee. Out-of-print books may cost more to replace than their original cost. We cannot accept the return of item(s) claimed as lost or refund payment if the item(s) are found after payment has been made.
- Withholding grades and transcripts
- Grades and transcripts will be withheld until all borrowed items are returned and/or all fines are cleared from library accounts.
Group Study Rooms
Click here for the Group Study Policy.
Books and journal articles not held by the Libraries can be requested through an interlibrary loan. If you have a question pertaining to an ILL request that was submitted, send an email to email@example.com. DO NOT send an interlibrary loan request via email. ALL requests must be submitted through the online catalog.
Due to COVID-19, Libraries have placed more limits on their lending policies for interlibrary loans.
Requests may take at least 14 business days to fulfill. Due to the policies of lending institutions, some requests may not be fulfilled. Articles will be sent to your Felician email account. Books wil be available for pick up at the library; you will receive an email notifying you when the item is ready. Materials are usually free if they are available from an institution within New Jersey; otherwise the lending library may charge anywhere as much as $25.
You are responsible for the timely return of the book (usually 2-3 weeks) and/or the payment of any fees due to the lending library. In addition, a payment of $0.10 per day for each overdue interlibrary loan item will be assessed by the Felician University Libraries. Losses of and fines for overdue interlibrary loan books will result in the forfeiture of interlibrary loan privileges, holding of all grades and transcripts, and possible disciplinary action by the College. Any debt or fine incurred may be turned over to a collection agency.
In requesting an interlibrary loan, I understand and agree that:
- In order to use this service, I must be a current student (or employee) this semester.
- I may request interlibrary loans solely for my OWN USE and will not ask others to borrow such material for me.
- I may request a MAXIMUM of 5 items a day, with a MAXIMUM of 25 requests per semester, 50 requests per year.
- A book may be requested through (inter)library loan only ONCE unless it is for use in a senior research paper, in which case it may be requested twice.
- A book obtained through interlibrary loan can occasionally be RENEWED if I request this option before the expiration date. However, such a request for renewal may only be made once.
- If I am LATE in returning interlibrary loan materials, I must pay Felician University Library 10 cents per item per calendar day. [Note that the loan period for books is generally 4 weeks, beginning with when the book is mailed out, ending with when it is delivered back to the library. The library does, however, offer a grace period of a few business days to accommodate for any possible shipping delays.]
- If the borrowed material is LOST, I must pay any fees required by the lending library. I understand that I will lose all interlibrary loan privileges until these fees are paid in full.
- If I have a HOLD on my Library account due to unpaid fines and/or overdue library materials, I am not eligible for interlibrary loans.